2023 Awards: Nine Recipients Demonstrate Commitment to Go the Extra Mile for Safety
Safety is a core value at all nine organizations recognized through the 2023 Our Driving Concern Texas Employer Traffic Safety awards program. Each one has committed to keeping road users safe by establishing safe driving policies and procedures as well as investing in continuing education and training. Many use tools such as in-vehicle monitoring to collect data, generate driver scorecards and follow up with one-on-one coaching.
One driver at an Irving-based hydrocarbon exploration company operating out of the Permian Basin in West Texas received the region’s inaugural No Need for Speed award after logging more than 600 hours behind the wheel during a six-month period without incident. Extrapolate that safety mindset to all employees across all the organizations recognized, and it’s easy to see how their commitment makes a difference.
“These Texas employers are showing that an investment in road safety is good for employees, communities – and good for business,” said Katie Mueller, the National Safety Council senior program manager leading the Our Driving Concern program. “They have saved money and lives through the implementation of evidence-based policies and comprehensive workplace safety programs. They are to be commended for their exceptional efforts.”
The National Safety Council, in conjunction with the Texas Department of Transportation, has presented Our Driving Concern Texas Employer Traffic Safety awards annually since 2014. Meet the 2023 award recipients:
Exemplary Award Recipients
- City of Arlington
- Pioneer Natural Resources
- Texas Mutual Insurance Company
- Ace Fluid Solutions
- City of Irving
- City of Waco
- JR Ramon Demolition
- Stewart Welding and Machine Inc.
- City of Grand Prairie (Revenue Management Department)
CEO of Excellence Award
- Bob Stewart, Stewart Welding
2023 Best Practice Brochure
In this best-practices brochure, we tell stories and highlight some of the items our 2023 award recipients featured in their transportation safety programs. Model these best practices and watch your own program go from good to great.
Learn More about Past Winners
- 2022 Awards: 12 Texas Employers Linked by a Shared Safety Goal
- 2021 Awards: 11 Texas Employers Honored for Employee Education and Transportation Safety Training Efforts
- 2020 Awards: National Safety Council Honors Texas Employers with 2020 Our Driving Concern Traffic Safety Awards
- Texas Employer Awards Archive (watch videos paying tribute to past winners and check out best-practice brochures)